10-Jul-2019, Ad#: 18236, Views: 1666
Category: Media / PR / Events
Project Manager Neighboring Provinces (Fulltime)
German Industry & Commerce Shanghai
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
As the Project Manager Neighboring Provinces,
- You will be part of the German Chamber’s event team and you will work closely with the event team to develop and update the yearly event and topic planning.
- You will take over the project lead for selected events organized in the Greater Shanghai area by the German Chamber
- You support the Regional Manager Neighboring Provinces to position the German Chamber within the Chinese market as an important partner by engaging German and Chinese employees of (non) member companies via (Chinese) business and social events and membership services. This work is aimed at providing better services to existing members and to attract new members.
- Moreover, you support the membership department by communicating with members as well as non-members mainly from the Greater Shanghai area about the services and benefits of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai.
- You build and maintain close coordination with other internal departments of the German Chamber network (AHK) and (potential) external partners to find synergies and cooperation opportunities. This requires diplomatic sensitivity when handling members, partners and when interacting with official departments.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, German language skills are a plus.
- Minimum two years work experience after university degree.
- Project and event management experience.
- Experience in negotiating contracts.
- Experience in cooperating with suppliers (especially hotel cooperation).
- Willingness to travel within the greater Shanghai area, driver’s license and car ownership are a plus.
- A high degree of quality and service orientation.
- Excellent command of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with database and CRM management.
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural, and social competency.
- Ability to working independently to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the event management team and the regional managers to meet deadlines, targets and support the handling of complex projects.
- Ability to develop ideas and make suggestions for improvements within the role, the department, and the business.
- Willingness to work overtime, work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
German Industry & Commerce Shanghai
Please submit your resume with recent photo and cover letter including salary requirements and earliest availability to email@example.com
|Please mention "Workster.com Ad#18236" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |